A regional press release said there were 61 new cases of COVID-19 and no deaths to report in Manitoba for the second day in a row.
Winnipeg Health District has 29 new cases, Northern Health District has 15, Southern Health District has 11, Eastern Interlake has six and there are no new cases in Prairie Mountain Health District.
There are now 1,408 active cases of COVID-19, down from more than 4,000 active cases at the start of the month.
More than half of the active cases – 832 – are linked to infectious coronavirus variants, in the county Online changing dashboard Says.
The bulk of them – 610 – is a B.1.1.7, or alpha variant, first discovered in the UK. There are seven active cases of B.617.2, or the delta variant, which is thought to be more contagious than the other variants of interest.
As of Tuesday, 53,550 people have recovered from the coronavirus.
Manitoba’s five-day test positivity rose slightly to 6.3 percent, from 6.2 percent on Monday. In Winnipeg, the rate settled at 5.8 percent.
On Monday, 1,040 tests for COVID-19 were conducted in Manitoba.
The county said there are now 181 COVID-19 patients in hospitals, down 13 from the day before.
Of those, 49 are patients in intensive care units in Manitoba. There are also 10 Manitoba in Ontario intensive care units.
The outbreak at Seven Oaks General Hospital 3U4-7 and at Saul and Claribel Simkin Center in Winnipeg is now over.
There were a number of COVID-19 exposures on flights in and out of Winnipeg in June. The county posted all the details on its website.
As of Tuesday, 73.2 percent of Manitoban residents age 12 or older had received an initial dose of the vaccine, the province’s Immunization Information Panel says, while 39.8 percent had received two doses.
It’s the second day in a row that no COVID-19 deaths have been announced, as yesterday was the first time in a month that no deaths were reported. So far, 1,139 Manitoba residents have died from COVID-19.
The county also reported 61 new cases Monday, the lowest daily number of cases since early April.
However, the province’s chief public health official, Dr. Brent Rosen, cautioned Manitoban residents to exercise caution because COVID-19 remains a threat.