IoT or the Internet of Things refers to a technology that connects smart devices to the same network through sensors and software to collect and exchange data over the Internet. IoT powers both home appliances and industrial devices for seamless communication between people and things. With minimal human intervention, physical devices can share and collect information using technology that enables IoT, such as low-cost computing, cloud, big data, analytics, and mobile technologies. With IoT, industries can realize new automation applications that will improve their revenues and business models. IoT is an important part of the fourth industrial revolution as it enables smart manufacturing, smart electricity grids, smart cities, etc.
Here are the latest IoT trends:
- Smart Office Initiatives: IoT will power the real estate industry with smart office features for employees who need to work remotely in the coming future. This is possible through smart monitoring.
- Behavioral monitoring: Behavioral monitoring via IoT has many benefits for mental health and personal safety. Activities such as washing hands and wearing a mask can also be monitored to create a safe environment.
- To improve location data accuracy: Due to remote monitoring, the need for accurate location data has become urgent. IoT technology can connect devices to a workplace or community network for better tracking.
- Remote access to connected assets: Manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies can exchange information and be connected about each other’s developments through time-saving IoT devices.
- Connected Care: IoT-powered wearables and sensors will help healthcare professionals keep track of patient information in chronic disease cases that require constant monitoring.
Share this article
Do that thing to share
About the author
More info about author