In anticipation of a busy holiday season, the United States Postal Service is hiring more than 40,000 temporary workers and organizing job fairs in the Los Angeles area.
Seasonal employment opportunities include, but are not limited to, urban and rural mail carriers, mail handlers, and drivers. The USPS says that the holiday season is the agency’s peak season for mail and package deliveries.
“Our entire organization is focused on providing a successful Christmas season. For this to happen, we need great people to join us in serving our local communities and our nation, ”said Louis DeJoy, CEO and CEO of Postal Services, in a statement. “The Postal Service offers many seasonal employment opportunities. For many, a seasonal position can be the beginning of an exciting career in the Postal Service. “
To support the seasonal hiring effort, the Postal Service is hosting 58 job fairs in select cities across the country, and several in the Los Angeles area beginning Tuesday.
- September 14, 11 a.m. M. At 2 p. M. At the Los Angeles Distribution and Processing Center, 7001 S. Central Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90052
- September 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Rancho Cucamonga Post Office, 10950 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91729
- September 16, 11 a.m. M. At 2 p. M. At the Santa Monica Post Office, 1653 7th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- September 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Van Nuys Post Office, 15701 Sherman Oaks Way, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- September 21, 11 a.m. M. At 2 p. M. At the West Los Angeles Post Office, 11270 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064
- September 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Irvine Post Office, 15642 Sand Canyon Ave., Irvine, CA 92619
- September 23 from 10 am to 1 pm at US Vets / Cabrillo Villages, 2001 River Ave., Long Beach, CA 90810
- September 28, 11 A.M. M. At 2 p. M. At the San Pedro Post Office, 839 S. Beacon St., San Pedro, CA 90731
- September 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Puente Post Office, 15310 E. Elliott Ave, La Puente, CA 91747
- September 29, 11 a.m. M. At 2 p. M. At the Paramount Post Office, 7200 Somerset Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723
- September 30, 11 a.m. M. At 2 p. M. At the Los Feliz Post Office, 1825 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
USPS officials said the job fairs will be walk-in events and that postal service human resources staff will be available to help with benefits, qualification and application questions. Social distancing will be reinforced and masks will be required.
To apply for an open position or learn more about job fairs, visit usps.com/hiring.
Suggest a correction